Let’s start to make Blogger SEO friendly now. Why do you need to do it? Creating a blog in Blogger is not enough to get more traffics or audiences and make revenue from your blog.
Beside enriching blog content you must be conscious about indexing, crawling, fetching by the search engine (Google, Bing, Yandex etc.) and scrapping, fetching by social site (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest etc.) of your site. Does it allow the search engine to crawl, index, fetch, scrap? You have to justify and enable.
And those are also not enough; you have to concern about the title, description, meta tags, custom page not found, custom robots.txt, custom robots header tags etc. Above the all can be categorized under SEO (Search Engine Optimization), though the term SEO means about more spheres.
Let’s start now.
Change the Basic Setting of Blogger
1. Go to Blogger dashboard and choose your blog site to customize →Setting→Basic
2. Edit title and put a short title that related to your blog.
3. Edit description and put a description on your blog with related keywords (maximum 160 characters).
4. Edit ‘Privacy‘ option. By default both radio button in ‘Yes’ mode otherwise you have to do it.
5. If you want to change your blog address/sub-domain name, Edit ‘Blog address’ and put your selected address. But it must be available in Blogger. To check you can create the new blog and put blog address which you want to check if available do not click on ‘Create Blog’ and put this address on your blog.
If you want to custom URL example www.compromath.com instead of www.compromath.blogspot.com you have to buy a domain and ‘setup a 3rd party URL for your blog’.
6. HTTPS Redirect: You can redirect HTTP (http://www.compromath.com/) to https (https://www.compromath.com/) by enabling yes mode.
7. Blog Readers: Check ‘Blog Readers‘. If permission is allowed for the public, it is ok otherwise make it public and ‘Save changes‘ to allow your blog with all.
Change the Search Preferences of Blogger
1. Go to Blogger dashboard and choose your blog site to customize →Setting→Search Preference
2. Meta tags (Description): Enable meta tags and put a sentence (with related keywords) about your blog (max 150 characters).
3. Errors and redirections: Set custom page not found.
4. Crawlers and indexing: To enable Google Search Console, go to webmaster tool and add a property.
5. Custom robots.txt: The most important of your blog is adding custom robots.txt. To do this ‘Enable custom robots.txt content?→Yes and put the code given below:
User-agent: Mediapartners-Google Disallow: User-agent: * Disallow: /search Allow: / Sitemap: http://www.compromath.com/feeds/posts/default?orderby=UPDATED
Before using the above code, replacewww.compromath.com with your blog address. Then save changes.
6. Custom robots header tags: Edit→Enable custom robots header tags→Yes and mark according to the following and save changes.
|Mark according to this picture|
You are almost done. If you need more to customize follow these tutorials.
Have got this article helpful or not working? Put your comment below.