Install Code::Blocks Stable Version From PPA on Ubuntu
Whats new on Code::Blocks 16.01?
- Compiler: New compiler integration, New compiler switch, improvement of Compiler detection, settings etc .
- Code Completion: Fixed variable parsing, struct pointer typedef and many code related bugs.
- CCManager (SDK): The latest Code::Blocks has introduced with this tools which allows to work with several code completion plugins.
- New plugins.
- Fixed and improvement of Debugger and many features you can see details here.
The latest stable version of Code::Blocks is not available on Software Center. We need to add the latest PPA of it and install through Terminal.
To install CodeBlocks Stable Version on Ubuntu follow the instructions:
- Open Terminal: To open Terminal, type Ctlr + Alt + T from keyboard or search Terminal from Search box.
- Adding PPA: Copy the following command and hit Enter from keyboard.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:damien-moore/codeblocks-stable
Insert your system password when it is required that won’t be shown. And hit Enter again to permit. When adding PPA, if need hit Enter do it.
- Update PPA: After adding PPA your system need to update the latest PPA. So run the following command through Terminal and wait till update successfully.
sudo apt-get update
- Install: To install Code::Blocks run the final command.
sudo apt-get install codeblocks codeblocks-contrib
Type Y and hit Enter when it is required. Installing may take several times.
Have got this article helpful or not working? Put your comment below.